Since our launch in 2020, we’ve made it our mission to deliver world-class IT Financial Management capabilities on the market leading ServiceNow platform.
Plenty has changed since those early days – including the needs of our growing customer community. That’s why the team has been working diligently to ensure our products continue to align with the latest ServiceNow best practices and security protocols.
Today, we are excited to announce the culmination of those efforts: refactored versions of the entire Proven Optics application suite, which have been certified for the Vancouver and Utah releases and are now available on the ServiceNow Store.
Read on for a detailed summary of what these upgrades mean for current application users.
ITFM 2.0: An Overview
At the highest level, our refactored applications are designed to deliver a more intuitive, efficient user experience across the board. This includes feature enhancements requested by our clients, as well as extended in-app documentation for easier custom configuration of our applications.
Other key updates that apply to all applications include:
- A more user-friendly ordering of application modules in the ServiceNow filter navigator
- Access to our Contact Support form in the filter navigator for all users
- Allowing system administrators to access and update System Properties
- Several quality-of-life updates, including remediations of cross-scope privilege errors, deprecation of unused tables and scripts, and clearly-defined system properties
For users of our ITFM Cost Modeling or TBM Cost Modeling applications, this refactor will provide:
- Safeguards to prevent the over-allocation of expenses, including the option to disallow allocation percentages of Mapping Rule Allocations above 100%
- An additional view of allocation percentages for Mapping Rule Allocations
- New status details for cost generators, including Stage and Percent Complete
Users of our private-sector Budgeting & Forecasting application will now see:
- Budget Formulations and Budget Line Items consolidated as Budget Line Items across the application
- Performance and UI improvements in the Budget Workspace, including a loading icon and the disallowing of edits during a budget update
- The carry-through of Budget Workspace filters on refresh, without needing to reselect individual filters
- Budget Key Definition updated to be a Systems Property instead of a one-record table
For Invoicing & Chargeback application clients who move forward with this upgrade:
- Invoicing Admins will be able select and de-select options (such as fiscal period, billing period, unit type, or cost driver group) within the portal that dictate your Invoice Key Definition
- Users will be able to access the Billing Frequencies widget within the portal
You can watch a short video walkthrough of our most notable application changes below:
The Upgrade Process
Customers who wish to install the refactored applications can begin this process by navigating to the Applications tab listed under “My Applications” on ServiceNow. From there, users will have the option to upgrade any application that was refactored in our latest release. Any configuration work that occurred during implementation will remain, while custom Proven Optics functionality created for your ServiceNow instance can be carried over upon request.
If you have any questions regarding this release or a potential upgrade, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With today’s announcement, we’re thrilled to take another big step forward in delivering on the product vision we first conceived three years ago: simplifying and centralizing your IT financials on ServiceNow, the operational source of truth for countless organizations.
We can’t wait to share what’s next.